The Cancer Education and Career Development Program is continuing with regular curriculum virtually until further notice. We continue to host weekly seminars, meetings, progress reviews, and workshops.
Check out our work!
We congratulate recent alumni on progress in their careers:
- Dr. Jennifer Sanchez-Flack completed our postdoctoral program in December 2020 and accepted a position as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UIC’s College of Medicine.
- Predoctoral fellow, Sabrina Young, successfully defended her dissertation entitled “The Role of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in Food Insecurity and Food Acquisitions” in May 2020, and accepted a position as a Research Agricultural Economist for the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- CECDP predoctoral alumna Karla Castellanos successfully defended her dissertation entitled “Pancreatic Cancer Chemoprevention by Metformin in a High Fat Diet“ in August 2020 and began a postdoctoral fellowship in the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at UIC’s College of Medicine.
- After completing our predoctoral training program and her dissertation in 2018, Dr. Rachel Harrington accepted a position as a research scientist for the Quality Measurement & Research Group at the National Committee for Quality Assurance in Washington, D.C.
- After completing our postdoctoral program in summer 2018, Dr. Molly Scannel Bryan joined the UIC College of Medicine as a research assistant professor working in the Institute of Minority Health Research.