Summer 2022 Heading link
The Cancer Education and Career Development Program is continuing with regular curriculum virtually until further notice. We continue to host weekly seminars, meetings, progress reviews, and workshops.
Check out our work! Heading link
ALUMNI Heading link
We congratulate recent alumni on progress in their careers:
- Postdoctoral fellow Patricia Wolf has accepted a position as Assistant Professor in the Department of Nutrition Science at Purdue University in Spring 2022.
- Predoctoral fellow Catherine Pichardo successfully defended her dissertation in December 2021 and accepted a Postdoctoral Fellow Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA) at the National Cancer Institute.
- After completing the program, postdoctoral fellow Shaila Strayhorn began a tenure-track position as an Assistant Professor in the School of Health and Applied Human Sciences at the University of North Carolina, Wilmington.
- After successfully defending her dissertation in April 2021, Carola Sanchez-Diaz began a postdoctoral fellowship at Rutgers University.
- After successfully defending her dissertation in March 2021, Alpana Kaushiva accepted a position as Senior Research Scientist at ConcertAI in Chicago.
- Dr. Jennifer Sanchez-Flack completed our postdoctoral program in December 2020 and accepted a position as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UIC’s College of Medicine.
- Predoctoral fellow, Sabrina Young, successfully defended her dissertation entitled “The Role of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program in Food Insecurity and Food Acquisitions” in May 2020, and accepted a position as a Research Agricultural Economist for the Economic Research Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- CECDP predoctoral alumna Karla Castellanos successfully defended her dissertation entitled “Pancreatic Cancer Chemoprevention by Metformin in a High Fat Diet“ in August 2020 and began a postdoctoral fellowship in the Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology at UIC’s College of Medicine.